The PTA is a group of parents who help provide a closer link between the school and our school families. As our students’ time at RI is short, new members are vital to ensure our PTA keeps working well. Your support makes a big difference to the School community and to your child's education. Please get involved.
The PTA has two key roles:
- Organise and promote opportunities to get involved as a member of the Remuera Intermediate community.
- Fundraise to provide additional resources, equipment and educational opportunities.
The PTA is involved in a number of events each year, including:
- Annual Community Picnic
- Art Evening
- Mothers and daughters breakfast
- Fathers and sons breakfast
- New student orientation evening
- Welcoming International students and their families into the RI community
- Second-hand uniform sales
- Thank you morning teas for staff
Our main fundraising activitiy is second hand uniform and new hat sales throughout the year. Funds raised by the PTA go towards extra facilities for the School that will benefit as many students as possible. Previous years' funds have been used for:
- Smartboards for classrooms
- IT Equipment
- Dri-Fit polo shirts, sports jackets and tracksuits for staff
- Upgrading of school hall AV equipment
All are welcome at our meetings that are held in the staff room at 6:30pm on the second Tuesday of the month in term times (see school calendar as dates may vary). Our meetings are very efficient, usually one hour and the commitment to the PTA is around 2 - 3 hours per month.
For more information about the PTA, please contact PTAchair@remint.school.nz