AT's Rail Network Rebuild - Onehunga and Southern Line Affected
Auckland Transport is currently undertaking the Rail Network Rebuild and this will be done one section at a time over the next 3 years, with Stage 1 from 16 January - 19 March 2023.
During Stage One:
- The Onehunga Line will be closed
- Trains will not run on the Southern Line between Ōtāhuhu and Newmarket
- Southern Line trains will continue to run between Papakura and Britomart using the Eastern Line (via Panmure), stopping at all Eastern Line stations between Ōtāhuhu and Britomart
- Six stations will be closed: Onehunga, Te Papapa, Penrose, Ellerslie, Greenlane and Remuera
Please click here for the AT flyer regarding this rebuild, it includes:
- Confirmation of the trains lines and stations that will be closed from 16 January 2023 until 19 March 2023 for Stage 1 of the Rebuild
- Alternative ways of getting to Greenlane Station during this time
From 2 January, use AT’s Journey Planner (www.AT.govt.nz/JourneyPlanner) and AT Mobile app to plan your travel using the new Rail Replacement bus services.
Customers can also phone AT’s Contact Centre on 09 366 6400.
The best way to stay informed about public transport changes during the Rebuild is to download the AT Mobile app and subscribe to alerts for your train.