Students must attend School dressed in correct uniform at all times and are expected to take pride in their appearance. This includes socks being pulled up, shirts tucked in (boys) and clean shoes.
All RI uniform requirements, except the regulation sunhat are available from the School Uniform Centre, 553 Remuera Road www.schooluniformcentre.co.nz.
A second hand uniform sale is held at School in late January each year. Second hand uniform items can be purchased at other times by contacting the School Office.
- Culottes or skirt – regulation checked culottes or skirt
- Blouse – regulation short sleeved, white, open-necked fitted shirt
- Jumper – regulation red v-neck jumper
- Footwear – regulation black leather lace-up school shoes with white ankle socks, or black leather sandals (Terms 1 and 4 only).
During the winter (Terms 2 and 3) girls have the option to wear a white roll-neck skivvy and/or black opaque tights.
- Shorts – regulation charcoal shorts
- Shirt – regulation short sleeved, striped shirt
- Jumper – regulation black v-neck jumper
- Footwear – regulation black leather lace-up school shoes with regulation black full length socks, or black leather sandals (Terms 1 and 4 only).
During the winter (Terms 2 and 3) boys have the option to wear a white vest beneath their shirt.
PE Uniform (Unisex)
- Regulation black sports shorts
- Regulation red sports shirt
- Sports shoes, sports socks
- Sunhat – regulation RI brimmed sunhat must be worn outdoors during Terms 1 and 4. This is available at the November orientation evening, before School on the first two days of the school year and at other times from the School Office
- Scarf – the official School scarf (red and grey stripe) may be worn outside during Terms 2 and 3
- Jacket – regulation RI sports jacket is optional and for outdoor use only. Not to be worn indoors.
- Rain jacket – students may also use a red or black waterproof rain jacket
- Watches – watches are permitted
- Jewellery – one pair of plain ear studs may be worn by girls on earlobes only. Boys may wear one stud on an earlobe. Jewellery of any other description must NOT be worn.
All uniform items must be clearly marked with owner's name. The School does not accept responsibility for the loss of items of clothing or personal belongings.