The PTA is a group of parents who help provide a closer link between the school and our school families. As our students’ time at RI is short, new members are vital to ensure our PTA keeps working well. Your support makes a big difference to the School community and to your child's education. Please get involved.
The PTA has three key roles:
- Help make students and families feel welcome at formal and informal School events
- Provide a feedback loop between RI parents, School Management and the Board of Trustees
- Fundraise to provide additional resources, equipment and educational opportunities for the School community.
The PTA is involved in a number of events each year, including:
- Family Picnic at the start of the school year
- Art Fair wine and cheese evening
- Mothers and daughters breakfast
- Fathers and sons breakfast
- New student orientation evening
- Welcoming International students and their families into the RI community
We also support our teachers with thank you morning teas and with practical items such as additional equipment.
Our main fundraising activities are chocolate selling in Term 2 and second hand uniform and new hat sales throughout the year. Funds raised by the PTA go towards extra facilities for the School that will benefit as many students as possible. Previous years' funds have been used for:
- Smartboards for classrooms
- Landscaping between the hall and main School building
- Purchase of extra iPads
- Dri-Fit polo shirts, sports jackets and tracksuits for teachers
- Installation of student honours boards
- Contribution to the fit-out of the school hall including new stage lighting
- Purchase of the School's first C.O.W "computers on wheels" that brings laptops into the classroom in a mobile unit
A focus for current fundraising is to purchase fitness trail and play ground equipment for our students.
All are welcome at our meetings that are held in the upstairs staff room at 7.30pm on the second Tuesday of the month in term times (see school calendar as dates may vary). Our meetings are very efficient, usually one hour, and the commitment to the PTA is around 2 - 3 hours/month.
For more information about the PTA, please contact PTAchair@remint.school.nz