Year 8 Immunisation Programme 2018
Students in Year 8 are offered HPV vaccination to immunise against human papillomavirus. This vaccine is called GARDASIL and is provided in a series of 2 injections over 6 months. It can beadministered at a school based vaccination programme or your family doctor.
The first date our school is scheduled to have GARDASIL on: Tuesday 15 May 2018.
On Tuesday 13 February 2018 at 9:00am the Starship Community Nurse for our school will be talking to Year 8 students about this vaccination and then these pupils will bring a form home for you to complete. This form will give the nurse information on whether:
- you wish your child to be vaccinated at school
- your child has already received these vaccinations from their GP
- you do not wish your child to be vaccinated
Please see the below link for the videos that will be presented at school by the Starship Community Nurse
For more information please contact:
- Starship Community Service – School Based Immunisation Programme
Phone: 09 639 0200
- Your Family Doctor/ Practice Nurse
- Visit the Ministry of Health website: www.moh.govt.nz
- Contact the Immunisation Advisory Centre: 0800 IMMUNE (0800 466863)
or visit their website: www.immune.org.nz