Year 7 Immunisation Programme 2018
Students in Year 7 are offered a booster vaccination against diphtheria, tetanus and whooping cough to complete the New Zealand childhood immunisation schedule. This combination vaccine is called BOOSTRIX and can be administered at a school based vaccination programme or by your family doctor.
Our school is scheduled to have BOOSTRIX on: Tuesday 21 August 2018.
On Wednesday 14 February 2018 at 2:00pm the Starship Community Nurse for our school will be talking to all Year 7 students about this vaccination and then these pupils will bring a form home for you to complete. This form will give the nurse information on whether:
- you wish your child to be vaccinated at school or
- your child has already received these vaccinations from their GP or
- you do not wish your child to be vaccinated
Please see the below link for the videos that will be presented at school by the Starship Community Nurse
For more information please contact:
- Starship Community Service – School Based Immunisation Programme
Phone: 09 639 0200
- Your Family Doctor/ Practice Nurse
- Visit the Ministry of Health website www.moh.govt.nz
- Contact the Immunisation Advisory Centre: 0800immune (0800 466863)
or visit their website: www.immune.org.nz